Youth ministry is not “optional,” something to do, or not, as we choose. It is an indispensable investment in the future – the future of young people themselves and also the future of the world and the Church. (Most Rev. Charles J. Chaput)
The Youth Ministry program at Saint Joan of Arc Church includes as a part of its formation, catechesis, prayer, worship, service, and human formation. Our commitment is to help the youth of all ages fall in love, and remain in love with our Savior Jesus Christ and the Catholic faith.
Registration for 2017-2018 is currently in progress. Classes begin in September. To register, come to the Parish Office during regular business hours or click on the link above to print or email a form online. Bring your completed form, along with the appropriate fee, to the Parish Office.
The 2017-18 Youth Ministry Faith Formation Schedule follows:
Middle School Faith Formation (7th & 8th grades): Wednesday 7:00-8:30 PM
YDisciple Small Discipleship Groups (9th - 12th grades): Sunday 6:45-8:45 PM
(Click Here to learn more about the YDisciple Program)
The Sacrament of Confirmation
In the history of the Catholic Church, the Sacraments of Initiation were typically received in the following order: Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist. St. Joan of Arc, in union with Archbishop Aquila, is beginning the process of restoring the original and proper order of the Sacraments of Initiation. In anticipation of this change, we are beginning to lower the age of reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation. We also see a great value in bestowing the fullness of the gifts of the Holy Spirit at a younger age to prepare our children to stand strong in their faith and resist temptation.
This year, the St. Joan of Arc Youth Program is offering the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation to Catholic students who are in 6th-12th grade during the current school year (2016-2017). The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated in the fall of 2017. In order to be confirmed, students must meet the following requirements:
· Sacraments of Baptism and First Eucharist have been received
· There is a desire to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation
· Attendance at Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation
· Sacrament of Reconciliation is received according to the precepts of the Church
· Participation in Faith Formation for AT LEAST the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 school years
· Involvement in the life of the parish (ministries, retreats, faith-in-action/outreach, etc.)
· Attendance at the parent Confirmation meeting in January 2017
· Attendance at parent/student meeting in April/May 2017
· Attendance at parent/student Confirmation Day of Reflection in August 2017
For more information, including registration fees, see the Confirmation Registration form.
Thank you to our Pilgrims for the incredibly beautiful cover for the Book of Gospels which was presented over the week-end at all of the Masses.